This mod basically offers a way to make and place huge maps on walls in frames within the game. Apart from offering maps side by side in a normal Vanilla fashion, you can create a large map that connects to itself like a real map would. This is a cool and useful wall decoration that really displays its potential the bigger the map is.
This is the setup for maps and what it would look as without this mod:
The look of the map after this mod is installed looks a lot more fancy and usable.
- Offers giant and great looking maps to the game
- Permits maps from different areas to seamlessly connect
How to Use :
Install as in the instructions and place maps you make in distinctive areas into the frames like pictured above and this will make a large map. The creator recommends setting Jack o’ Lanterns behind the maps for lighting and avoiding any rendering bugs that Minecraft seems to have.
Pros and Cons
- A much better looking map system that is both beautiful and useful for locating things
- Way better than a painting in your living room, a giant map of your city
- One of the stranger guidelines, might prove to be irritating for some players
- Some rendering issues but most likely Minecraft errors and not the mod
- Updated for the current version of Minecraft
- Added Forge installations and instructions for the 1.7.2 version
How to Install :
- Download and install Forge
- Run Minecraft to make the Mods folder in the Minecraft directories
- Install and start Magic Launcher
- Click “Setup”
- Choose Environment “Forge9.10.X.Y”
- Download the Cartographer Zip
- Click “Add” and select the Cartographer Zip file
- Click “Advanced”
- In the field “Parameters” add “-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true”
- Click “OK”
- Run Minecraft and play with the newly made Cartographer mod!
- Have fun enjoying this minecraft mod ^^ Cheese. Leave any comment if you have any problem concerning about this mod